Saksham is Job Oriented ocational training and Life Skills programme for youth. Currentlr we are running 2 Saksham Centers in Mehrauli and Mahipalpur respectively.
This programme is technically supported by Plan India whereby we ensured portable drinking water availability to students of MCD school. Under this project we had established 5 RO system in 5 MCD primary schools.
Bal Vikas Dhara is implementing Project called “Gender Resource Center” It is an initiative of Delhi Govt. The Samajik Suvidha Sangam (SSS), Mission Convergence is an innovative approach of Government of NCT Delhi to enable the vulnerable families to avail their entitlements. The aim is to provide benefits of social welfare schemes of nine government departments from a single window. District Resource Centers (DRC) attached to the Deputy Commissioners (DC) office in each district and Samajik Suvidha Kendras (SSK) nearer to the community will help the vulnerable families in getting their entitlements.
Samajik Suvidha Sangam is an imitative of the Government of National Capital Territory of Delhi (GNCTD) aimed at social justice, equity and empowerment of the marginalized and under privileged section of society leading to inclusive growth and all round development.
It is the main implementing agency for the programme, namely Mission Convergence, which seeks to address the issues of socio-economic disparities in pursuance of the Society’s vision and aims to bring the vulnerable population component of society.
To achieve this, the Gender resource Center module concentrates on women focused activities under the following heads:
• Economic empowerment through Vocational Training.
• Social empowerment and financial self-reliance through institution of women’s self-help group (SHGs) for micro –credit & microfinance.
• Rights awareness through legal workshops and legal aid.
• Health and nutrition awareness through camps
• Literacy through non-formal education.
To enhance the communication, English, Basic Computer and management skills of the youth of the lower income families and then engaging them in employment, this will help these families to improve their economic condition. This Project has started in C-1650, 1649 J. J. Colony Tigri with the targetd youth of the Low Income families belonging to 18 to 25 yrs.
1. Strengthen capacities of communities to reduce risk and be prepared for disaster and minimize impact on children
2. Build capacity of all staff partner on disaster risk reduction and enhancing response mechanisms to make program more disaster risk sensitive To prepare communities and children to mitigate the impact of climate change
1. To promote access to formal financial services ( Saving, credit, insurance, and remittance )
2. To prepare young men and women to get formal employment or self employment through market oriented vocational ,business development and life skill training
To increase children and young people’s access to food to meet their dietary needs for an active and healthy life.